Wednesday, August 05, 2015

What does happiness mean to you?

A few weeks ago, someone asked me, "What does happiness mean to you?"

I still don’t have a definite answer to that. To define it is very difficult for me, although I think I know what it means... I really can't explain.

Some of my friends are already participating in Bhutan Photo  Campaign, on what
happiness mean to them. I received a message saying, you define what happiness mean to you by signing in and posting photo/photoes. I still do not have any idea whether I can post only a photo or more. I couldn’t log in since they are asking me verification code and I am failed to receive code. Nevertheless, friends I will definitely going to login and like your post. Smilling now?? Haha…I was mesmerized by your brilliant caption of happiness with magnificent photo. The way you define happiness was perfect and I am here to solve this rigmarole question haha :D as I couldn’t carry the load of questions, so today, hammer of inspiration strike my head to write and I am squeezing the juice of my brain to solve all my puzzlement about what happiness mean to me.
My first thought is always that it might be all the small things in life that make us happy. These things we happen to see at a usual day, like a genuine smile, or some beautiful flowers, or laughing with friends.

Are we happy if we have a lot of joyful moments in our lives? Is happiness the ability to enjoy these moments?
I think I'm happiest when: my student score best mark in exam/test, I'm writing, listening to music, munching chocolates, eating noodles, blogging and stealing little moments just for myself.


But isn’t these are rather joy than happiness? In my opinion, these are. So, what is happiness? Again lots of question in my mind.

What I feel is happiness seems to be a rather permanent state. When someone asks you “Are you happy?” it is usually meant “Are you satisfied with your life?” rather than “Do you feel joyful at the moment?” that’s how I understand. 

But can happiness really be permanent? Is that even possible? If we were in a state of permanent and infinite happiness, would we even know we were happy? To know what being happy means, we must also know the opposite. 

Furthermore, humans seem to have infinite needs. Given this, can they ever be perfectly happy?
Truly, I can't imagine ever being permanently happy otherwise I'd be in paradise, and everything will be so perfect. Yes or no? Happiness seems to be one of those mystical things you either feel or you don't. It's almost religious in that sense.
Does happiness mean is something we have no influence on? Can’t we affect it at all? Does it only depend on how lucky we are?
Or is it rather a way of how we see things? Does it depend on one's ability to focus on the good things in life? Is it a combination of both?

Is there someone in this world who is perfectly happy? 

However, to answer this, first there should be an idea of what happiness is. If it really is something like a permanent condition, happiness cannot be the same as joy, because joy is not permanent, provided that there are not just ups but also downs in life.
But then what is it that makes us happy? Is that different for everyone; is it totally subjective and relative? Or are there certain things in life that decide on everyone’s happiness? Is it love, friendship, family? Or success? What about money?
In my opinion, money can certainly make a lot of things easier and by that I mean that it helps if you have enough to be able to pay for your bills and all the necessary things in life without having to worry about it permanently. However, I would never equate money with happiness. 

I really don't think you need to be rich in order to be happy. Anyway, if you had to be rich to be happy, the majority of people would never be happy and this is something I refuse to believe.

So, maybe a sense of, I am pleased with where I'm at. When something goes wrong my emotions change and I become unhappy with the things that are not right, or with the thing that has just happened, so that I can always opt for betterment and also what makes me happy is just everything that makes me smile. Maybe it is indeed all the simple things in life, or rather things that we too often consider as self-evident and given and that are actually not at all simple. Things like having true friends or a supportive family, or being healthy. Maybe it means to enjoy life and its good moments.
Finally the definition of happiness arrived on the spinal code of Rupa,  for me happiness is like being content with where I am in life at the moment, lending my supportive hands to my students and students glowing with wisdom brighter than me…
Yalama You Finished Reading My Passage? But you didn’t smile alright :)
Are you still pregnant with questions what happiness mean to you? Clarified? Infact I am still confused since I couldn’t squeeze my juice of brain completely to shrink lol haha…
Las,
Thank you so much for being with me.
Have A Nice Day :)
God Bless You…
Visit Again :)
Till Next Time Xoxo ;)


No comments: