Thursday, September 12, 2013

Life As We Know It...


 Sometimes in class or when I wake up in the morning the realization I will never have years like I had in high school ever again just hit me. I was so anxious for high school to be over and join in the college, after joinng the college, I just drempt of the future plan where I wasted most of my time by dreaming, without much enjoyment, but now I'm completely regretting that. I was so busy looking towards the future that I feel like I've neglected my present. I could have enjoyed school and learning so much more than I did. I am completing my studies with in three months of time.

I did have fun in high school though with lots of laughs with my friends, brilliant teachers who made my days special and colored my reality with bits of sparkles and light an experience that is decorated in my memory and my heart forever and realized I was a strong woman.However, i always thought that  I could have enjoyed school and learning so much more than I did.

 Today I grew up so much it's remarkable to see. I was a timid, shy girl when I started high school and now I'm a graceful and gracious, sometimes-loud, emotional, normal, and narrow-minded young woman in love with life.

I really don't want to leave the place where I made all of these discoveries: my high school and the world around it. I just can't believe how much I have matured. So, after my graduation I am planning to go to Damphu and serve for three years, after that I will go to Dagapela Middle Secondary School and serve there three years, Daga Higher Secondary School for three years and then finally I will settle in Paro where today I am doing my degree. I was a changed person and I felt worldly (even if I wasn't) and adult-like after attending my higher secondary school and college.. But, I must leave my comfort zone, the pocket of happiness and warmth of my current life and make something out of my adult years. Ahhh....I wish I could have more time as teens... so, that I can jump, play, shout, sing, dance and laugh so hard with friends. Where people around us will neglect us, saying they are still kids. :)


Wherever you are, it's your friends who make your world.
William James



If I had one gift that I could give you, my friend, it would be the ability to see yourself as others see you, because only then would you know how extremely special you are.
B.A. Billingsly

No comments: